Monday, May 26, 2008

California Air Chapter 8

"Rae, I’m not one of your clients who you give the worst case scenario to. Do you really think so little of yourself ....... Grace Rachelle Shirley, I’d give it all up and never perform again if it meant I could wake up every morning with you nestled into me. I want to fight over the brand of butter I bought that isn’t your usual. I want to learn how to cook and make you an amazing dinner, only you arrive an hour late with flowers to apologize. I’m not ready for retirement yet, but I am ready to slow down and it’s you I want to spend that time with."

"What about the kids?"

"I love them but Dorothea raised them. She’ll have full custody and I’ll visit them whenever I can. They can come visit us on breaks. I’ll keep July and August open. Think you could work from the East Hampton's?"

"Maybe I could leave you up there and do a work tour."

Jon laughed, "See the possibilities are endless, we can make this work Baby."

"I still think this is going to be a lot harder than you think it will be."

"Rae, it could be a bloody nightmare and you’d still be worth it. What was it you said to me earlier? Oh yeah, stop worrying your pretty little head about it. Now stand up."

"You want to dance?" She asked with a grin.

"No, I want to strip you naked." Jon winked at her and in less than thirty seconds had her naked. "This is a much better look on you."

"Down boy, I told you you’ve had all the attention you are getting this evening."

"Technically, it’s 2 in the morning so I’m just getting a head start. It’s a new day Baby."

"Then I guess you’ll just have to play with yourself, because it’s way past this baby’s bedtime."

Rachel gave him a long kiss and shimmied her way out of his grasp and went straight to bed.

"If my pillow is willing to behave, he may join me."

"What if your pillow wants to be a very, very, bad..... wanton even?"

"Then he best sleep in an ice cold bath until he’s frozen his wanton off."

"You are a cruel and evil dictator."

"Yet you are hopelessly, madly in love with me! What does that say about you?"

"Apparently I’m in to S & M."

"Stop being a wise ass and get that ass in to bed!"

Jon sighed and climbed into bed. He behaved for about three minutes before he started tweaking her left nipple. Rachel used his ribs to prop herself up a bit and gave him a dirty look that put him in his place instantly. Jon looked down at the sweet, perky cheerleader who stole his heart all those years ago and suddenly saw the take no prisoners, my way or the highway, killer attorney that she’d been for more than a decade. Truth be told, she scared him a tiny bit but he also found her independence sexy as hell.

Jon woke up a little before nine and decided he needed to do a few things. He left Rachel a note that he placed on the pillow and headed out. He returned the lingerie he had purchased for Dorothea and couldn’t resist buying Rachel a lacy sheer pale blue bra and thong set. He went back to Laura Secord to replace Stephanie’s eggs he had eaten and bought more for snacks. Jon pasted a jewellery store and went inside to see if anything caught his eye. He was about to leave when he spotted a white gold ring that was shaped like three vines. On each vine was one gemstone flower with a diamond centre. The ring was under five hundred dollars but he knew Rachel would love it. He was two minutes away from the hotel when he decided he’d really surprise her and called the hotel concierge for advice.

Dorothea had just returned from dropping the kids off at school when a friend called and told her she was there for her. After a few minutes of hesitating the friend finally told her to look TMZ up on the web. Dorothea pulled it up and her eyes nearly fell out of her head when she saw the headline:

Married Rocker’s Erotic Affair.

"Holy Crap!"

"I’m so sorry Dorothea, you should take the rat bastard for every penny he has."

She scrolled down the page and started laughing.

"Dorth, do you need a doctor?" The friend asked in concern.

"The sexy blond is Jon’s oldest friend. I knew she was joining the tour for a week. I invited her to spend Easter with us."

"Really, it looks like she’s giving him one hell of a kiss in that ball pit."

She studied the pictures for a second and realized that it was Jon’s nose Rachel’s teeth were nipping, not his mouth. "She's biting his nose which means he probably told her to bite him one to many times so she did. Those two act like ten year olds around each other. They would have been carrying on like that if I was with them."

"Really?"

"Yes, thanks for the concern but there is nothing wrong. Maybe I can sue TMZ for every penny they have."

"Sorry to alarm you, I was just looking out for you."

"Thank you, I really appreciate it. Are we still on for lunch tomorrow?"

"Sure."

"Great, see you then."

Dorothea started looking at the pictures. Sharing ice cream was just that, while the picture with her arms around his neck and her hands in his hair she’d seen herself a few dozen times as it was the don’t tell me you don’t need a haircut demo. She knew there was an innocent explanation for every picture, but the one that broke her heart was the least salacious of the bunch. Jon planting a peck on her neck as they left a restaurant made her feel like she had to throw up.

In all the years she’d dated Jon and subsequently married him, he never kissed her on the neck. She asked him about it once and he looked at her like she was asking him to kill one of the children. He dismissed her with a gruff, ‘I don’t do necks’ and walked away. Months later, when they showed up on Rachel’s doorstep for dinner, Jon greeted her with a swinging hug and several kisses to the neck Discovering that her husband considered neck kisses sacred to Rachel alone, hurt her to the core. At the time, she thought it would have been easier to walk in on him fucking her than witnessing the simple but oh so intimate kiss reserved for her. Twelve years later, seeing it still made her skin crawl and her stomach turn.


Dorothea knew this day would come, she knew Jon loved and married her, but Rachel held his heart. It wasn't until after Stephanie was born that she stopped seeing Rachel as a threat. Hundreds of times over the years, she wanted to hate her but it was impossible. From the moment Jon, introduced them, Rachel was kind, charming and made a genuine effort to get to know her best friends, girl friend. She treated Dorothea with respect and was one the first people to tell her she was a great Mom, when Stephanie was five months old. Over the years, Dorothea had become friends with Rachel and she enjoyed spending time with her.

"Well my marriage lasted 15 years longer than I thought it would." she said to the thin air.

This would feel so much better if I hated them both, she thought. She knew that Jon would be more than fair when they finally divorced. She figured she'd get the house, the kids and more than enough money to run both. Dorothea found herself dialling Jon's cell to warn him about the pictures and then hung up. It wasn't her job to look after his image anymore.

Richie had been woken up by a call from Heather who recognized the unidentified blond as Rachel immediately and wanted to know if they really had finally stopped fighting it and admitted they loved each other. Heather adored Rachel and they had become fast friends and stayed close after the break-up. Richie had no clue what was going on but told her he'd investigate and get back to her. He took the card key for Jon's room and let himself in, not expecting in a million years to see what he saw.

Rachel was lying naked in the bed, the covers kicked off and her body was covered in bite marks and lip marks that could only have come from Jon. She turned over and he noticed the marks on her thighs and the side of her knee.

"Well I guess you can't call the truth ridiculous." he said loudly, waking Rachel up.

"Humph what?" Rachel asked, her eyes still closed.

"I said we can’t deny that you and Jon are having a torrid affair when your entire body is evidence to the contrary."

Rachel sat up in bed, not even thinking about being naked and squinted in the direction of his voice. "What are you babbling about Rich?"

"Photographic evidence that you and Jon are having one hell of an affair. Out there on the net for everyone to see. The entertainment shows will be carrying it tonight I’m sure."

"What pictures? Rich, it’s early, I can’t see and I haven’t had any coffee yet."

"Where are your glasses? Here finish my coffee."

"I think they are on the table."

Richie handed her the glasses and couldn’t believe that she just tucked her legs under her body and sat there naked drinking his coffee. He handed her the printouts and watched her face. She smiled and then started laughing.

"Hello, I’m biting his nose not sucking his face. He tossed me into that ball pit then told me to bite him so I did! I’m not pulling him in for a kiss, I’m proving his hair is too long. I bought my own freaking lingerie and Jon bought some for Dorth. We were tasting each other’s ice cream. Need I go on?"

"Kay, that explains these but what about those?" Richie asked pointing to her chest.

"These are the best breasts in California." She replied staling for a minute.

"The hickey’s Rach?"

"Jon wanted me and since we can’t have sex, we settled for a rough but pleasurable make out session. You should see what I did to his shoulder."

"Rach you are playing a dangerous game."

"I like games, Jon and I play this one really well."

"What is Dorothea going to think?"

"She’ll see these as the innocent fun that day was, besides she already knows her marriage is over."

"WHAT?"

"Jon and I haven’t fucked each other’s brains out yet, as per her request. He did call her yesterday though and told her that he couldn't pretend he didn’t love me anymore. We are together now Rich, it happened when we got back from dinner Tuesday night. I told him that he was the only man I ever loved or would ever love and he told me life was too short, that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me."

"Wow, well you are in for a rocky ride because we can’t really comment on these pics when 8 hours later you did start an affair."

"Rich aren’t you happy for us, for me?"

"Rach, it’s a little hard when I know how hurt Dorothea and the kids will be."

"Thank you for the coffee then, bye."

"See ya later." Richie left the room and went back to his own. He called Heather back, needing to talk to someone who could see both sides of the situation.

Rachel took her glasses off and laid back down. She was still there and still uncovered when Jon returned an hour later with brunch. When he turned around to stop the door from slamming shut, he heard a squeal of delight and smiled.

"Jon, you cut our hair! It looks amazing. Come here sexy and let me show you how happy you’ve made me."

Jon sat down beside her and she kissed him passionately before running her fingers through his hair. He’d taken about 2 inches off the back and trimmed the rest. She had what she always wanted, the fine baby hairs at the back of his neck exposed to play with. She loved the fact that his hair was finally just above his shirt collar and that he did it to please her.

"So you approve?" He asked with a smirk.

Rachel got off the bed and stood in front of him, she unzipped is jeans and slid them down before knelling on the carpet.

"I brought brunch, it will get cold."

"You taste much better, Baby" she replied and brought her lips down on him.

Jon laid back, grabbing the bed as Rachel’s incredibly talented mouth brought him incredible pleasure over and over again. I certainly won’t ever need Viagra with Rae, he thought, as she was able to bring him back to life within a few minutes. It was frustrating not being able to touch her but he couldn't argue with how sensational she was making him feel. She was certainly the best he ever had and the anticipation alone of what she’d do to him in full blown sex pushed him over the edge.

"My God Woman, that was...you are..."

"I know, I told you I was a master at all things sexual. I was once told I could charge a million dollars a night and be booked every night."

"I believe it. I bought you a present, well two actually."

"Where are they?"

"When I can move again, I’ll get them for you. In the mean time, bring those lovely breasts over here."

Richie rolled his eyes when he walked by Jon’s door to go shopping and heard Rachel screaming in pleasure. He was mad at them both for hurting Dorothea. He wished he could take back all the pain he caused Heather and to see someone else have to go through that made him feel awful.

Jon smiled at Rachel who looked quite pleased and got out of bed to get her gifts. He gave her the bra and thong set first and insisted she try it on for him. He had no idea that he picked one of the best bust enhancing bras on the market. The bra made her breasts even more incredible which he thought was impossible. She had very firm breasts with almost no sagging but the under wire pushed her up even more and gave her cleavage that would make a centrefold jealous. Just looking at her in the set made him hard which didn’t escape her notice.

"This wasn’t a gift for me, it was a gift for you. You should see the look on your face and the lust in your eyes. You want to devour me whole."

"Yes, I do. Promise me that when I tell you it’s a date you wear that. I want the first time we make love to start with this."

"I think I’m going to get dressed and go buy this set in every colour it comes in. Where is my other gift?"

Jon took the small ring box out of his jacket pocket and handed it over to her. For a fraction of a second she thought it might be an engagement ring but realized that he couldn’t buy her one of those yet. She opened the box and found the beautiful delicate flower ring. Each petal was a 10th of a carat, five petals each, with a 5th of a point diamond in the centre. The top flower was amethyst, the middle blue topaz and the bottom one peridot. She loved it immediately and slid it on to the pinkie finger of her left hand and it fit perfectly.

"It’s gorgeous Jon, I love it. You don’t buy me jewellery often but when you do it is absolutely perfect."

"I’m glad you like it but I buy you jewellery."

"My bracelet, the one carat diamond earrings for my 30th, the platinum charm bracelets with
the ducky’s 2 years ago and now this ring."

"Didn’t I get you black pearls?"

"No, Richie gave me those for my 40th."

"Ah, well I picked them out."

"Thank you." She kissed him passionately and slid into a pair of jeans and a tight deep purple sweater.

She had to admit she loved what the new bra did. She always thought she looked great in tight tops but she felt sexy as hell instead of just great. They were at the door when his cell phone rang.

"What on earth are you talking about? Hold on a sec. Baby, you better go without me."

"Kay."